Wednesday, November 3, 2010

toddler tunic

On Monday night I had it in my head that I wanted to make Ella a tunic.  My piano students left, we ate dinner, put the kids to bed and I set to work.  (Thankfully Brent understood that I was on a mission, and was content with watching the World Series without me!)  For a pattern I used an outgrown sweatshirt and a ripped apart Old Navy t-shirt.  I cut a hair tie in half, and used the pieces as button loops because, I confess, I do not know how to make a buttonhole!!  (Wonder how long I can get away with that?)  At the end of the night I had this!


I thought it would look cute as a jumper, but decided to add some sleeves.  When it was a jumper, Ella refused to try it on.  Once I added sleeves though, no problem!

She was in it by snack time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment