Saturday, November 13, 2010

a quilt for us

I'm finally getting around to making a quilt for our bed.  Our bedroom has become pretty pitiful - kids toys on the floor, laundry that needs to be put away...so I thought a quilt would make it all better!  I decided to go with greens, blues, purples and greys with a little brown.  The pattern I'm using is Amy Butler's Lotus Brick Path, which I just made larger to fit our queen size bed.  


The problem with working on such a big quilt in our house, is that there is no where to leave it laid out while the kids are awake!  So I laid it out during naptime, then placed each row in its own plastic bag.  This way I can work on it when I have the time.  (And hopefully finish before Christmas!)    


Meanwhile I'm working on some more felt things and considering using Big Cartel or Etsy to sell a few headbands and hair ties.  Maybe I'll have some for next week...  Better get crackin' 

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the colors/fabrics, Katie! This reminds me that I need to get on this same project for my bedroom. We've never had "adult bedding" - just a smattering of random blankets and quilts thrown on the bed. Terrible, I know!
    Can't wait to see your finished product :)

    -Barb

    ReplyDelete